Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today's blog is brought to you by the number 30 and the letter D.

D for DONE!... 30 days are DONE!

Yesterday I did "Goin' Big" Full Routine for the second time.  This is a big 80 minuter.  After working a full day and then doing 80 minutes of yoga, I conked out on my yoga mat at the end of savasana and didn't wake up for a while.

Today people at work constantly asked: "Have you done your yoga for the day yet?" "It's Day 30 Meg!" "I can't believe you did yoga everyday for 30 days!" "Which one are you going to do today?" I had hoped to fit in a morning practice today but as with nearly every day of this challenge, that simply didn't happen!  I ended up doing my very last practice of the challenge just a little while ago and since World Champion's Hips was most challenging for me in the beginning, I thought I'd finish it off right by doing that one!



       









It wasn't too shabby! To answer the question on everybody's minds....  Yes!  My hips ARE happy now!
My knees are happy too....so are my traps, and my back....everything is feeling mighty chipper these days.
I've lost about 6 inches in total and gained a ton of new muscle that certainly wasn't there before.  When I started, I would have described my body as primarily mush... but now I have actual muscle I can poke at.  I wouldn't say I lost a tremendous amount of weight that would be visible to everyone, but there is a noticeable difference in my stride, in the way I carry myself, and in my attitude.  I feel like I have detoxified not only the actual toxins in my body by sweating once a day!... but I have also detoxified any negative energy from my mind and soul.  It's like yoga has transformed my body from the inside, out.

In a weird and possibly creepy way, I feel like Eoin and I are good friends haha.  I mean, geez, we've pretty much been hanging out every single day for 30 days!  I would really love to actually meet him one day!  I have so many questions about his videos and about yoga and surfing.

I succeeded at being able to do the boat poses like I wanted.  I was even able to get a decent Crow pose down.  But Flying Crow is still looking like insanity to me and so I'm aiming to be able to do that one by the end of the summer.

lululemon has this thing called a BHAG... pronouned "bee-hag" and it stands for Big.Hairy.Audacious.Goal.  If you check out the www.lululemon.com website, there's tons of pictures of people all over the world with their BHAGs written down on cardboard.  The concept here is that the more you share your goals, the more likely you will achieve them.  So here's mine:

To get me there I will spend the next 8 weeks training for my first ever 10K race.  Now, I'm not much of a runner.  In fact, I'm probably the slowest runner ... EVER.  When it comes to the turtle and the hare, I'm very much of the turtle persuasion.  I remember even as a kid, just never being able to run as fast as any of the other kids.  But if there's one thing I do have, and certainly honed in while my mom was sick, it's the ability to endure pain and suffering.  So because of this, I know that will help me make it out on top.

Lastly, I'd love to take a moment to thank you all for reading this blog and for supporting me throughout these thirty days.  I've received endless amounts emails from so many awesome people who have started doing their own challenges, who have taken up yoga for the first time, or who have been inspired to take their fitness to the next level.  I am really happy I could be a medium for this and am pumped for the next stage in my weight loss.  So stay tuned for a second blog!  Starting tomorrow I will begin an 8 week journey to achieve my BHAG.  Wish me luck!!



Here I AM!  Day 30, happy hip-ified!

7 comments:

  1. Girl, you truly look FABULOUS!!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Meg! You did it! Just thought I'd let you know that Eoin has a podcast in which he does a "Running with your Blissologist" session- he actually takes you on a run and a cool down. Just in case you wanted to keep him in your life :)

    all the best, and stay your vibrant self!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Meg! And good luck with your new goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic job!
    you look stellar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SO MUCH Everybody!!

    Jenn!!! I HAD NO IDEA. I will keep as much Eoin in my life as I can haha. I love the Blissology tip! Thanks so much! P.S. I just took a peek at your own blog!! I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Meg! Are you going to try to get to get to one of Eoin's workshops while he's in town? I saw one at yoga sanctuary on Aug. 3... He's a great soul, I agree :)

    Hope you're doing well post-challenge... :)

    XOXO
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I know that this post is really old but am hoping you will respond anyway. I found you in looking for reviews of Power Yoga for Happiness 2; I just purchased a used copy. I am curious--did you do ONLY yoga for 30 days? If so, did you do only Eoin practices? Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete