Friday, June 25, 2010

Flying Crow

Today is Day 24 and I did Hot Chocolate again from the Pursuit of Happy Hips DVD.  It's really cool to see how much evolution has taken place since I first tried this particular routine.  The last time I did it, it seemed to unleash some sort of anger.  I don't know where the anger dispersed to, but all I know is that it's not inside me, because I feel fantastic and at peace. 


With no risk of earthquake, I was able to FINALLY do my practice on my balcony and enjoy a bit of sunlight!  There's something truly special about doing yoga outdoors.  Almost all of my practices in Mexico were done outside amidst the smell of the trees and the sea.  In Toronto, I tend to always do yoga indoors.  It was nice to give it a go outside for a change.

It was definitely easier doing Hot Chocolate this time around.  My body is much more equipped to handle the postures done in this video... well... almost all of them.

Here's a shot of Eoin and the lovely Insiya doing this other version of crow pose...  Flying Crow Pose. The first time I saw them do this, my jaw dropped and I thought "HA!  Yeah... right... let me just hop right into that pose... sure!" Please note the intense sarcasm.
I didn't even bother trying to do the pose, I just watched in awe.  I especially  just watched Insiya because she has this beautiful grace to every posture she flows into.  Every movement she makes is just so beautiful, I can only hope I'll get to that point some day!


Here are some shots my sister took of me while attempting this pose:

Here I am slowly sinking out of the pose.....
Somehow I ended up in this position...

I'm gonna need to work on this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment