Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 11

So it's actually June 15th and you might have been wondering, "Where has Meighan BEEN all this time!?"
Let's just say, if I could only use one word to describe getting internet access down here, frustrating would be the best one!
Long story short, I've got internet now!  So here come the stories....

Day 11 

Pretty much all I did today was travel.  By six in the morning my sister and my good friend Anthony and I (who so graciously was willing to drive us to the airport at this ungodly hour of the morning...Thank you Anthony!!) ... were already on the road to Pearson.
It was a beautiful morning and that beauty followed us all the way to Mexico where it was crazy sunny and  so so warm!


By the time we arrived at the airport in Mexico, ran around to rent a car for the week and get enough groceries to last us 7 days, it was already 11pm.  We made it to our hotel room and this picture is the result of what happened almost immediately.  It's what I like to call, Lying Down Yoga.

The extra fun part of this week is that I have a new Eoin Finn video!!  Still in line with our happy hips theme, it's called Power Yoga for Happiness 2.  Although The Pursuit of Happy Hips is super fun, I found I was ready for a bit more of a challenge, and this new DVD seems perfect.  Anything with the words "Power", "Yoga" and "Happiness" is right up my alley.

So being as exhausted as I was, plus the fact that everyone was sleeping and I was trying to do my yoga quietly, I actually ended up falling asleep somewhere around Pigeon Pose.

The first video is called Eddie Would Flow and it's a little over an hour long.  From what I've done so far, it's actually pretty awesome!
I love the pace of the video.  The flows are meant to be a warm up, but I was pretty much sweating buckets already.

So far the difference I'm noticing between Power Yoga for Happiness and The Pursuit of Happy Hips is the pace.  I found that in Happy Hips we were holding a lot of poses, especially ones I couldn't do which didn't provide much cardio for me.  Given what my goals are here, a little more cardio and fewer static poses would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment