Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 12

Holy moly do I ever feel sick still.

This morning was glorious.  My sister and our friends went around town trying to find some sort of USB type thing to plug into my laptop so we could get some cheap internet access as opposed to paying the approximately $20 per day fee the hotel was charging.




They let me stay back and try to sleep off this throat infection/cold/I'm not even sure what it is anymore.
It was amazing.  I kept waking up every half hour, but every time I did, I noticed I was feeling a bit better.  I gladly shut my eyes again each time, hoping for more wellness each time I awoke.  A couple hours later, I woke up to find my friends were still not back, so I gave Eddie Would Flow another honest try.

I love this video.  The images are spectacular and there are only 2 other yogis in this video with Eoin.  One of them is Beth Childers.  She practices yoga and has been surfing since the age of 13 and man, does her body ever show it!  She's ripped to the ninth degree and provides a lot of motivation for me to do the poses in this video to the best of my ability.

When it comes to doing a yoga video, compared to going to an actual class, it's so much easier to be on your A-game in a class when you know the instructor will come around and watch you/adjust you.  When doing a video, especially here in Mexico, it's easy to get distracted by the beautiful scenery, or ... I dunno... fall asleep!  Oh the shame.

But now that I'm fully conscious and alert, I found it a lot easier to keep my head in the game during this video.  Even with the beautiful scenery surrounding me.  Actually, the hotel I'm staying at is kind of different.  It's this HUGE resort village type thing and we need to take golf carts to get from where we're staying to the the lobby.  It's kind of like we're off in the middle of a jungle.  So the view we have from our room is mostly of palm trees and huts.  It's quite beautiful.

But anyhow, if you like a bit of a faster pace, something similar to Ashtanga, this video appears to offer that.  In Power Yoga for Happiness 2, there are 7 different routines.  So I'm hoping to get through all of them during my stay here in Mexico.

Hasta luego amigos!

3 comments:

  1. Yay mego! Glad you're starting to feel better! :) You look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job MEGLET!!! I agree you look AMAZING
    love Rhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great! keep the hips happy! don't forget to download the new routines on the blissology.com website! mucho amor, eoin

    ReplyDelete