Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1st, 2010 also known as... DAY 1





Day 1 got off to a rocky start.

There was a hydro vault fire on Erskine Avenue which cut the power to almost everyone in the Yonge and Eglinton area including my Briar Hill store. My plans to start Day 1 with a bit of laundry and some Happy Hips were quickly canceled as I had no power, or water in my home until the afternoon. I didn't mind catching some extra Z's instead though! That part was quite nice actually.

I started my 30 day journey with the first video called "Easy Street". The tone of the video was just that... easy. I don't mean easy as in "psshh... that was nothin'!" I mean it more that it just had a nice, easy, flow to it. It felt more like a restorative and chill kind of class rather than a grueling, fight the urge to give up, kind of class. I feel like that was just what the doctor ordered today.

Ever have one of those days where all the little things seem to go wrong? You make tiny little plans for yourself, and the opposite happens instead? Nothing life-altering goes wrong, but enough little things happen (or don't happen) to make you feel a wee bit irked? That was today for me. This class definitely helped restore some balance.

My favourite pose from the video was definitely "Ballet Arch". (I'm doing it in the photo I've attached) It combined a lot of much needed hip opening, as well as chest opening. At one point in the video, Eoin asks us to "feel a sense of inflation in the centre of the chest... because the heart becomes so deflated in life." Ain't it the truth brother, ain't it the truth. I think it's really important to remember that. It's so easy to allow the negativity in life to weigh your heart down. I don't think everyone realizes how equally easy it can be to inflate your heart back up through conscious awareness and a few deep breaths!

Day 1 is now officially over, my hips are feeling pretty good already, and my heart has been re-inflated. I am pumped.


3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Meg! That's awesome. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU! I'm keeping up with you everyday!!!! And you're right 'Ain't it the truth brother'....sista mayber ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear more about your experience Meighan!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete