Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Muscle Pokes

Today I had a chance to squeeze my practice in this morning as opposed to doing it late in the evening like I have been for the past week.  I made plans to do my yoga on my balcony so I could enjoy the beautiful view of Toronto and basque in the splendid sunshine.  That didn't exactly happen since as soon as I came strolling over to the balcony it started pouring rain and fog covered my view of everything.  Awesome.

I did Twisted Sister again.  It wasn't exactly the next video in-line, but for some reason it spoke to me.  I popped in disk number two, saw all the options and felt like Twisted Sister was whispering "Psst.  Meggers... PICK ME!" 
So I did.  It was awesome!  Now that none of the routines are no longer new, I can measure my successes by the difference in my performance from the first to the second time I do these videos with Eoin. I thought Twisted Sister was challenging for me the first time around and although I thought I went as deep as I could go in my running lunges, today I found out exactly just how low I'm actually capable of going!  Last week was nothing!

I'm noticing the effects of my practice at work too.  Carrying and lifting boxes, bending down, climbing ladders, it's all effortless motion now.  My body feels so alive and it wants to move!  As you might have read in my very first post, the main reason I gained the 50 pounds in the first place was from emotional eating.  Back then I craved food as a source of comfort.  But lately, I crave yoga and movement.  I am ACHING to go dancing.  I'm finding new curves and definition all over my body everyday.  I keep flexing my muscles and then poking at them.  It's fun.  Sometimes I do it because I don't believe they're actually there or that they're really THAT firm.  I'm at a place here, where the muscle is certainly there, it's just not showing through as much as I'd ideally love.   But I just need to be patient.  I'll get there soon enough! I just have to keep sweating once a day and enjoy the journey along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment