Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 17

We made it to Chichen Itza today!!!  ... or as my sister likes to call it, Chicken Pizza.
Our terrible attempt to go there at the beginning of our trip was totally worth it, even though it took us SIX HOURS to make it back home.  Chichen Itza is one of the bigger sites where the Mayans built their temples.  We got a lovely little crash course on Mayan history and got to walk the same grounds that the Mayan gods once walked.  Having lived in Canada all my life, a country that is just a baby compared to Mexico, it amazes me to walk on such ancient grounds as Chichen Itza and to picture it as it once must have appeared before it was totally destroyed.













Today I did Twisted Sister.  This video mostly focuses on a variety of twisting postures which I tend to find both mentally and physically challenging.  I usually find it hard to go from something like Warrior I into twisting postures because I find that you've usually already been holding a lunge pose long enough that by the time you get into the twisting portion of it, your thighs are on fire and you want to scream your face off and just quit...  I dunno... am I alone on that one?  







Twisting postures are awesome for the body and especially for the bowels.  If you really think about the anatomy of your waist line, all you've got goin' on down there is mostly bowels.  The best way to make sure you keep some flowy goodness down there is to get Twisted!..Sister!  So as much as these postures tend to challenge my mind, body, and spirit at times, I also embrace them because I know they'll only do good things for me.



This video was about 47 minutes long and had a heavier focus on the last chapters of the full length routine (Goin' Big).


Well, tonight is my last night in Mexico!  We're about to head out for a night on the town so I'm going to have to make this a short post!







No comments:

Post a Comment