Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 13

Ahh.... Day 13.

We literally hopped in the rental car and didn't know where we were going.  By any means.
We got to a fork in the road and it was either go left or go right.  We decided to go to Chichen-Itza (right)... well ... we tried anyway.

We then realized that it would take us a solid 3 hours to GET to Chichen-Itza.  This meant that by the time we would arrive, it would be closed.  So we planned to head to Cancun instead.

In the span of no more than 8km we missed our exit... I kid you not, at LEAST 4 times.  We had to keep making U-turns, and drive passed the same gas stations and people every time.  I'm pretty sure the locals thought we were complete imbeciles.  Eventually we found Cancun and drove around there for quite a while.  It seems like there is one phrase we're using quite a bit these days and that would be "Disculpa!... Una pregunta!"  Translated literally as:  Excuse me, question!... that's pretty much the nice way to stop someone when you're about to ask them for directions.   We ended up finding this place that sells tickets for a 3 day tour we were planning to go to anyway, and we caught it just in time before they closed.  FATE!

From here we snuck behind some hotels and swam in the beach.  I could not get over the view.
It looked like someone had Picassa'd everything I was looking at!  So beautiful!  The sand was pure white and SO soft.


So today I did Bliss Rider.  I should mention that Power Yoga for Happiness is split into 2 DVDs.  The first one has three routines on it, and the second one has four.  Bliss Rider is routine #2 on the first disk and what I'm realizing about Eoin's yoga videos is that each dvd appears to be one really long routine, edited into different smaller routines.  It was really obvious this was the case in The Pursuit of Happy Hips, but so far not so much in Power Yoga for Happiness.


I really like the way things are edited in this one.  It feels like a brand new routine each time.  I also love the beach shots.... it says on the dvd cover that this is, after all, the "surf edition".  It definitely has a surfing feel to it.  I'm eating it right up!  I love it.

Also, Beth has got on some turqoise boogie on shorts and a white Power Y tank from lululemon.  The day I can wear that outfit, not only to a yoga studio but on TV, man oh man, will I ever be happy.  Not that I plan on being on TV or anything... but you know what I mean!  Beth and Insiya (the other fabulous yogi in Eoin's video) both rock this look quite well!





 I didn't get to take any pictures of me doing Bliss Rider this morning so I jumped on some rocks in the beach in cancun and did some of my favourite poses from today's routine.  (The pictures shown here)  It didn't take long before a crowd started to form.  It was actually kind of funny because my sister bought a new fancy camera with a ridiculous lens and our friend Agustin has this high tech video camera complete with tripod and everything...they both started taking pictures/shooting, so it looked and felt like an actual photo shoot of some sort and people stopped to watch!!!




I didn't plan this on purpose, but I wonder if any other lemons who have read this will notice that I did Bliss Rider today and was wearing my Bliss Tank from lulu ??  haha.  Sorry... these kinds of things crack me up.  


1 comment:

  1. lol I was beginning to wonder when you'd mention Bliss Tank and Bliss Rider...totally coincidental? I think NOT!!! You're awesome Meigh!!! Keep it up!!!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete